This recipe is originally from Alabama, and has been passed down for generations.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and paprika. Roll in flour.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 inch oil to a large, heavy skillet. Heat to approximately 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place chicken pieces in hot oil. Cover, and fry until golden, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
must be logged in
to leave reviews